How do you buy a suppressor in Tennessee?

What is the process to buy a suppressor in Tennessee? Paperwork, tax stamp, all of that. I would really like to hear from someone who has gone through this process before and can tell me what steps i need to take making my way through all the red tape

Favorite Answer

FIRST.....find a CLASS 3 dealer.....then ask them........

there are 2 different ways to buy suppressors......one is to put it in YOUR name....the other is to put it into a TRUST .....

** I strongly suggest using the TRUST method.....since it skips the getting ur local CHIEF LEO to sign off step....and allows u to ADD names to the trust meaning u can leave the suppressor to ur children WITHOUT them having to pay the 200 dollar tax again.......and also can add other ppl so they can be in "possession" of the suppressor without your presence....

** steps are find class 3 dealer...

fill out from 4 ......

mail in 200 dollar MO /cashiers check (can do personal but not recommended)....

WAIT.....up to 120 days for BATF to return ur completed form 4 with tax stamp included to the dealer.....

PAY for the suppressor....

dealer finish filling out paperwork....

you take suppressor home...