Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

How do I stop missing a place?

My first semester at college was at my dream school. I really loved it, but I couldn't go back the next semester because my mom was really sick and wanted me to be closer to home (I was about 10 hours away). So now I commute to a University that's 5 minutes away and it's just not the same. It's alright, but I miss the friends I made at the first school, and just the environment....just everything I guess. Every now and then I'll walk by a place that looks similar to that school and I'll feel extremely sad and can't stop thinking about how amazing the first school was.

There is no way that I go back, because my mom is still sick and I'm pretty sure my scholarships won't be good enough now that I'd be just a transfer student (and this was an expensive school).

So, does anyone have any tips on how I can stop missing this place? I keep in contact with my friends from there a little, but that's about it. Also, if I ever say that I miss that school in front of my mom she gets really upset because she feels bad about making me come back when I didn't really want to.....thank you!

Favorite Answer

Wow I really feel for you. Please get counseling so as to keep everything in perspective. You want to win for yourself in this regard. this is the type of situation where folks internalize disappointment, hurt etc...and never get over. They become bitter.

No matter what, complete your education. Don't become so depressed from missing your school that you stop attending. Perhaps you could return to the school for graduate courses or even on line.

Do not do not let yourself become so sad that you stop functioning.

I hope your mom gets better.

Please take care of yourself too!

OK this is justa relationship , YEP that's it !!

if it was a bad relationship you get rid of it the same exact way!

QUIT THINKING ABOUT IT !!!

THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT IT THE MORE ITS THERE!!

LIKE A BAD MEMORY, YEARS LATER AFTER THE FACT, GET OVER IT .

IT'S LIKE THIS: WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT, YOUR THERE.

EVEN IF YOU COULD GO BACK , IT BEING , MONTHS AGO, THE TIME, PEOPLE AND THAT EXACT ENVIRMENT IS GONE, YOU WERE THERE THEN NOT NOW.

AND THE MORE TIME PASSES, THE MORE REMOTE THAT OCCURANCE IN TIME IS .

PLEASE TAKE CARE OF yOUR MOTHER , you Only get one, maybe you can get an another warm and fuzzy fantacy college experience down the road.

My mother died when I was 3 years old, I have no memory of her at all !! Just pictures, letters and storys

" DO YA GET ME SWEET HEART"

just talking about like you are doing now should help.

a great Buddhist sage once missed the mountains in autumn so much,

he took a great journey to see them.

when he got back, his friends asked him,

how were the mountains.

he said,

they were the mountains in autumn.

its your luck.