Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Is Atheism really only an emotional state that causes one to lack the capacity to deal with reality (Truth)?

They like others who suffer from schizophrenic want to pick and choose and to mix illusion with Truth (reality) and that is why they say that our perceptions will always remain subjective. The very fact that they are objectively aware of their subjectivity yet say that that is as far as they can go proves they are someone in love with illusion.

Update:

So you do believe in Un-relative Truth that we can come to know? Nothing relative can be objective or true but like an mirage must pass away.

Update 2:

It is you who sees God through religion not me. God is not a religion or belief but a person (not a man) whom you get to know and the trust. Your relative idea about being human is just that subjective and relative and without you it does not objective exist as reality.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Judging from your posts you are describing yourself!

No atheist ever posts such awful and nasty stuff!

Come to that no GOOD christian does either!

So why do you do it?

What is it that you are so afraid of that you keep up these childish posts?

• 9 years ago

No, that's really not what it is. Atheism is by definition a lack of belief in gods. That doesn't require an emotional state.

Being aware that one's experiences are subjective means one is in love with illusion? That makes no sense since one's own experiences are by definition subjective. By definition, they couldn't be any other way.

• Muppet
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Psychological projection or projection bias is a psychological defence mechanism where a person subconsciously denies his or her own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, usually to other people. Thus, projection involves imagining or projecting the belief that others originate those feelings

• 9 years ago

They use science to add a synthetic depth to their otherwise shallow and hollow reality.

Edit add:

It's like, "well, if God exists then He should be like ABC not XYZ. Therefore, since there is no scientific proof, He does not exist."

When in fact God is the Alpha and the Omega.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Invalid premise. Atheism is a theological position - not an emotional state.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

No, atheism is just lack of belief in gods. Anti theism, is just a douchebag that likes to spend their time stroking their ego.

• 9 years ago

I look forward to hearing about how I'm an animal three or four questions down the track!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

If you had made a typo and you really meant to say THEISM, I could have gone along with what you said.

Projecting much?

• 9 years ago

Beliving in god is no worse for you than believing in fairy god mothers.

• Aggy
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Does your question make any sense to you as I have no idea what you are on about.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.