Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 9 years ago

Why do some people often think Pop is MUCH better than Rock?

Ok, I need to understand. What do you see so boring, dull, stupid, random on rock? Random noise is that computarized bullshit that makes noise for you to shake your *** in the disco, that's all it's worth for. But to hear it all day long, and to try and sing-along, and get into the rythm, kinda sucks. Katy Perry kissed a girl - I banged one. Ke$ha told me that we should be who we are - something that I had learned LONG TIME BEFORE. The only good performers in Pop - at least to me - are Eminem and Jessie-J. Or you gonna tell me that I should love random people like Rebecca Black or Justin Bieber, will you?!

Then, there's rock. The king of music in the early 90's. Oh, I remember. Nirvana, Guns n' Roses, Iron Maiden, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Metallica, U2... all of them are great. Some are overrated, yeah - The Beatles are a bit, indeed. But far more overrated are Lady Gagas, or Rihannas or Jay-Z's. Besides, while Rock actually HAS musical instruments - guitar, bass, drums, piano, etc. - very rare Pop songs aren't DJ remixes or just computarized ones.

So, Pop fans, please explain me why do you think Pop is better than Rock?

Favorite Answer

Pop is a broad genre.

It ranges from amazing singers such as Frank Sinatra, Celine Dion, Aretha Franklin to Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry.

Pop is a good genre, but it does have some crappy stuff. Same thing with Rock - Nickelback and Linkin' Park are crap.

So don't make it out to be that rock is better. Also, pop uses strings, violins and overall orchestral content, unlike rock (well, unless if it's symphonic rock - which is a rare genre).

Both mainstream pop and rock (and each different style for that topic) are garbage at the moment. Nearly each artist is synthetic by some means. Very not often do you return throughout an artist or artists that're precise, gifted and significantly well. To real compare the 2 genres I consider you have obtained to examine their histories. Pop has many popular faces. The likes of Michael Jackson, ABBA, Madonna, the Bee Gees and there may be many extra. But I actually consider Pop could be very a lot out weighed via the ones of rock. The likes of Led Zep, the Beatles, The Who, The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Aerosmith and Elvis Presley. There's additionally many extra of path. I think those artists have extra approximately them and that they have got had a greater affect on each track normally and the sector. To a lesser extant you have even obtained the likes of Metallica, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden who are hugely influential and standard. Rock simply turns out to have a little extra to it than Pop. It's definitely extra various. Rock is nearly break up into separate cultures. You could not particularly examine Punk Rock and Death Metal for illustration. But they nonetheless eventually each are compatible beneath the style of "Rock". Ultimately, significantly and total, Rock is greater than Pop.

What type of music you like is personal preference, some people just do not like how rock music sounds. Same for any genre. Lots of people might think pop is much better than rock, but it goes both ways.

eh, i listen to some rock.....

but i guess i'd prefer pop because it has like a more distinct beat to it, you can dance to it, its has unique sounds. no need ot trash pop, everyone has their own preference.

rock isn't boring, or stupid or random. its just you probably won't like it if you're a bit closed minded. some people only like rock, some only like Hip hop, some only like R&B, i guess when you limit yourself off, you assume all other songs of that genre are the same and turn them down. kinda like what you're doing right now with pop. i guess pop is more popular because it kinda stretches in between genres, like you'll hear a bit of everything in it.

If people like pop then good for them. People should and do listen to the type of music that they like, and it others don't like it then it's their problem.

Katy Perry kissing a girl is way hotter than you banging one.

I believe they taste best when combined. POP ROCKS FTW!!!!!

• mayb coz they don like too noisy songs........

Pop is gay.