Why did my brother commit suicide?

My brother was awesome he always liked to keep fit and was always doing something riding his mountain bike rock climbing skiing but his favourite was horse riding he even had his own horse.

But he was involved in a car crash in which he lost his left leg he was stopping at our house and was being helped by our mother as he was struggling to adjust then one night he killed himself I still remember seeing him sprawled out on the floor.

Why did he fight to survive that crash only to take his own life a year later ?

Ps its now 2 years since he passed on he was such a good brother and I miss him every day

Favorite Answer

He probaly felt bad about bothering yall and he felt sad im sorry

Im so sorry for your loss.

I cant imagine what he was going through unless i put myself in hes position. I guess it depends on the person and how well they accept their own disability. Ima fit person myself and look after myself and if it happened to me i know id be very depressed not able to exersise the way i want and having people circling me feeling sorry for me.

never knowing if a girl liked me for me or whether i could get a girl. Perhaps your brother never felt complete since hes accident and he was struggling with it ever since.

Who knows if therapy and further counselling would of helped. There is a point where some people just refuse to accept so all the help and sympathy was never going to work.

all the best

he probably felt nothing in his life was the same anymore,at one point in time he was fit and very active,then suddenly that was all taken away from him,he fought like he did because he figured he would have his life back,but having to watch your own mother help you do things you figure you should be able to do yourself becomes over whelming,not to mention you realize no matter how hard you fight nothing will ever be the same again,you suddenly have a life you dont recognize,its like a dream a bad dream that keeps getting worse and worse,he didnt take his life cause he didnt care about his family only opposite,he probably felt like a burden and didnt want his family to suffer the burden of taking care of him

Source(s): i referred to my own experiences of having a healthy active life,then suddenly suffering a stroke that left me paralized on my right side at the age of 35,going from the rock of my family to the exzct opposite of having to cared for by my aging parents,thank god a family friend saw my downward spiral into a dark world of depression that almost caused me to take my own life
  • dm

No one will ever know what he was thinking. I am sorry for your loss, I am sorry he felt the need to take himself away from you, and all of the people who loved him. The best thing to do is live your life to the fullest. Say hi to him often, maybe ask him why he would choose to leave. Some day you will know.

I suppose he was very depressed at not being able to do the things he loved doing and felt his life wasn't worth living. It's dreadful tragedy but I guess at the time he thought it was his best option.

Very sorry for your loss.

I am truley sorry for your loss. I have had friends commit suicide. 3 guys from my unit commited suicide. He was in pain and could not cope. suicide is an answer to pain that cant be cured. I tried to kill my self, I died and was sent back here, I didnt want to leave where I was it was amazing, Just pray for your brother he is ok but you need to forgive him. he has to pay for the pain he has caused . if you need to talk send me a message .

I'm sorry for your loss man, but sometimes that's what happens, depression and stress can do this to you. It sucks to be in situations where you know you wont be able to get yourself out of because of past incidents or decisions you've made. That's life.

Without God in our life, there is no sense of importance because as human we do not feel contented of the little things that we have. When you want to be loved you need to love somebody around you. You will miss him but you have to move on to make most out of your life, learn to give more and expect nothing in return.

i wouldn't want to live without a leg too.