are 6000k HIDs good in fog?

I have 6000k hid low beam head lights. The headlight housing has projector low and high beams, I want to know are HID lights good for driving in fog, or are they gonna be too bright and cause a lot of glare on the road. In the area that I live there is no fog, but will be driving through an area that the fog is thick.

drk, thankx for the answer, sadly my car is one of those few that do not have a space to add any additional lighting,

Favorite Answer

No. Fog lights are good in fog. To be on with your low beams only.

• DrkLce

No low beam or high beam is good for fog it will reflect because light does not pentrate fog. That is why foglights are mounted in the bumpers it is to see below the fog where it is more clear with less fog.

Source(s): Buy some foglights and mounted them in the spaces provided in most cars.

HIDs in general, and especially those with high color temperatures (bluer light), are bad in fog and falling snow. Blue light is mostly glare.