Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 9 years ago

in texas do i need a hunting license to shoot a feral hog?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The previous answers are somewhat correct. You must have a license to HUNT feral hogs. However, if you catch one damaging your crop you may shoot the hog without a license.

This gets to be a trick question in court. How does one discern the truth? If you are sitting in your pickup and see a hog walking across the field, is it damaging your crop? If you put bait out, are you hunting, trapping or what? How long can a farmer sit in a truck waiting for a hog to appear without the activity becoming a hunting expedition?

Given that issue, it becomes cheaper to just purchase a general hunting license than to pay the legal expenses justifying your actions.

Source(s): Personal experience
  • 4 years ago

Texas Hog Hunting License

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

in texas do i need a hunting license to shoot a feral hog?

Source(s): texas hunting license shoot feral hog: https://biturl.im/pQ1OR
  • 5 years ago

I think it all depends on the Game Warden that approaches you. Its discretion on the Officers part but do you really want to leave it up to him? I would rather get a $25.00 license.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I'll add to an answer.Not a good idea shooting from a vehicle.That might be a legal problem.

• 9 years ago

No tags and the bag limit is unlimited but you still need the general license.

• 9 years ago

yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.