I like seeing/making other people happy...?

for example:

-couples holding hands and smiling

-parents playing with children in the mall and running around with them

-kids playing around and having fun

-making little kids smile

-making strangers smile (e.g. I open door for someone=he/she thanks me and smiles)

but at the same time I feel so empty, sad, and alone.

is there something wrong with me...?

or am I just a pathetic person who's living vicariously though others..?

(I've been diagnosed by my psychologist with severe depression.)

*I'm 19 years old

• Debra
    Favorite Answer

Depression causes us to feel the emptiness, sadness and loneliness that you feel. Even though you are feeling an opposite feeling at the same time as feeling happy about these things, I think it's very hopeful that you can feel this happiness. Keep reaching out to others and making others feel happy. This helps a lot.

Right now you are feeling like you're on the outside, watching others be happy, but as depression is treated, you start to feel less empty and begin to have happier thoughts again. What's wrong with you is that you are depressed. No, you are not pathetic, you are hopeful. Share your feelings and thoughts with trusted friends and family, that is also very helpful.

I hope you are getting treated for the depression.

If you like it dont stop its a amazing thing to be able to make people happy .