Any quick fix tricks to remove a broken shell from the chamber?

I have a G3 rifle. The extractor broke the shell in 2 after firing a shot. Now the front half of the shell is decidedly stuck. I have tried hooks, ram rods, and WD40. There is no lip or edge that anything can get a grip on to push/pull the brass. Any quick fix tricks for getting the shell out without ordering a shell extractor or going to a gunsmith? I'm cheap and want to try other options before spending money on this problem

Favorite Answer

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T TAKE A TORCH TO YOUR BARREL!!!!

Sounds like you've tried all the tricks and you're gonna need to get a broken shell extractor and don't skimp on the cost. The most important factor is figuring out why this occurred. I think blaming it on the extractor is a bit of a stretch...

You say you're cheap? Having a gunsmith remove it is going to be a whole lot cheaper than having a gunsmith replace the barrel after you've buggered it up. He should also be able to figure out why you got yourself a broken case in the first place, defective brass, scarred chamber or whatever, so you can deal with it.

Do yourself a favor and take it to a competent gunsmith. With nothing to grab onto you might end up damaging it if you do something drastic.

Source(s): 35+ years a sportsman

cap off the barrel turn it down fill it up with transmission fluid and get a reverse drill bit and be careful

try running a snake thru it

* You could try heating the barrel with a propane torch.* the barrel will expand from the heat, then it should come out real easy for you.*

Source(s): * Run like a Deer.*....................Fly like an Eagle.*~~