Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 9 years ago

Smoking and how to tell parents?

Hi im 15 and i smoke but i really wanna tell my mom that i do but i have no idea how to tell her, its hard to talk to her cause she doesnt really get how to talk to me so i really dont have many people to talk to when i have problems like these:/ someone please help me

• Did you know that most people (adults) nowadays who are addicted to smoking, started when they were in high school, and they've remained addicted ever since. When you smoke for this long, that's when you start asking for health problems and a habit very difficult to break, leading to bigger health problems.

I feel so sorry for you. I'm guessing the situation is, you've got in with the wrong gang at school, all your friends are doing it, so you feel peer pressured to do it to fit in. NEVER do something just because its what everyone else is doing. You are your own person, you're made to be unique. Embrace that. Don't wreck your individuality by copying stupid, idiotic teenagers who do this, and turn yourself into a stereotype. I despise of stereotypical teenagers, they are nasty work and horrible people.

Smoking is the most revolting, idiotic, common, unattractive thing you can do. Why do you want to dig yourself an early grave? It's what you're doing, unless you break the habit NOW. Smoking is NOT big, nor is it clever, or cool. In fact, its the complete opposite.

I really think it would benefit you if you started hanging out with some decent friends. Move away from this gang who are making you feel that you need to smoke to fit in. Stand up for yourself, do you really want to destroy yourself like this, just to satisfy your 'friends'? If you found some new, nice, decent people to hang out with, who aren't absorbed in this terrible smoking, alcohol and drugs world, then you'll find that you can have so much more fun and live such a more happy, carefree life. You're 15 for goodness sake. You're a CHILD, like it or not, and you should embrace it. Childhood is a beautiful thing, stop pushing it away. Once its gone, its gone. Don't waste it, you'll regret it. In many years, believe me, you'll look back and think, why did I do that? That was so lame.

I do want you to tell your mum. If she's aware of this problem then she sure as heck will do everything she can to make sure you stop.

Please listen to what I have said and take everything on board.

Don't tell her. My parents know and its caused a lot more trouble than just hiding it from them. Depending on your parents, but if they are good parents they will most likely try to make you quit. This becomes a problem because you are not going to want to quit, so you will end up lying to them about this and then they will find out you didn't quit and it will just go in a big cycle. When my parents found out they bugged my constantly and always were telling me how gross it is and telling me how I was going to die, and it just got really annoying. If I were you I would wait on telling them until you are like 18, or until they catch you. If they catch you you can just tell them that it was a one time thing, that excuse will work for a while. Trust me, you don't want them to know, its the most annoying thing in the world unless you happen to have cool parents.

Yes, yes, yes, smoking bad, so is Los Angeles air.

Don't tell her if you're going to do it, same way you wouldn't want to get caught by a teacher/cop smoking. Mom isn't going to be happy, so just try not to let her find out until you are 18 and able to defend yourself with the well proven "Fart OFF Mom, I'm an adult!"

well sit her down and say mom i have to talk to you i ask you don't be mad i made this dission on my own and im not gonna stop for anybody ok mom ready i smoke and then tell her u will SUPPORT ur Habit and tell her how u r getting them be truthful with her dont let her find out from other people i did that and it didnt turn out so well so just tell her the truth and she will be less mad at you she may even thank u for be truthful

wow, ok smoking is unnatractive, just like every single bit of it so nasty, and definitely like i said unnattractive, why bother, NOTHING good can come out if it. but even though i hate you for smoking, i will help you, get someone over 18 to buy you some nicotene patches, they really help (not that i would know, seriously) but everyone has told me that, and this way you can quit that horrible habbit without even getting caught or telling anybody that you're doing it

Hate to break it to you, but telling your parents that you smoke isn't the same as telling them your gay. You cannot just stop being gay, you can stop smoking though. In other words, they will kick your *** and do whatever possible to keep you from smoking.

You're 15, how do you get cigarettes?

You shouldnt be smoking, but if you must tell her, just sit her down and explain to her whats going on.

Easy. Take out a cigarette, light it, take a generous puff, and say, "So... Mom. I smoke. Thought you might like to know.... (:"

Smokings bad.... mmmmmkay?