Who are the top directors who made classics in your opinion?

Hello ..

There are many classic movies , but sometimes when you watch a classic movie you feel that the director when he does the movie he was thinking like "after 40 years or so when people will watch the movie they will say ITS A pure classic!" I don't really know how to Explain the meaning to you , But what I mean in many movies you can see the classic elements or the enviroment , The dicoraton , clothes of the characters and whole atmosphere of the movie and without a doubt the soundtrack.. There are many old movies when you watch them you don't feel that they have old style or the director didn't show the period that the film made in. And in the another hand when you watch an old movie it get close to your heart so fast and you feel that it's CLASSIC! and you wish that you can jump to the T.V screen and live the events!

Hmmm , I don't know if I really make it clear for you guys I'm not so good in explaining in engish ... anyhow I would love if you can write what is the Favorite director that done classics you love and write some of his favorite movies that you enjoyed.

For me I think it's Martin Scorsese and my favorites classics that he done : Mean streets , Taxi Driver , The King of comedy

Other directors that I appreciate thier classic movies are:

Billy Wilder

Gene Kelly

Peter Bogdanovich: What's up, Doc? , Targets

Cy Howard: Lovers and Other Strangers

Blake Edwards: The Party , PINK PANTHER Films

Sergio Leone

Michael Gordon: Pillow talk , Move over, Darling

Ted Kotcheff : Fun With Dick and Jane

Arthur Penn: Bonnie and Clyde

Peter Tewksbury: Sunday in New York

Sidney Lumet: 12 Angry Men , Dog Day Afternoon

Let's see yours :)

Edit: What a shame! how did I forget the king of classics "Alfred Hitchcock" ! Yes he is my favorite director who made classic movies .. Then Martin scorsese .

• Logan
    Favorite Answer

Alfred Hitchcock

Martin Scorsese

Sidney Lumet

Peter Bogdanovich

Frank Capra

Michael Gordon - YOU KNEW I WOULD SAY THAT!!

classic movies are my favorites as you know I could go on and on. Great question!!!

in no order: a million. Alfred Hitchcock (Vertigo, North by using Northwest, Psycho) 2. Buster Keaton (The Cameraman, Steamboat bill Jr., The Navigator) 3. Krzysztof Kie?lowski (3 colorings: pink, a short movie approximately Killing, a short movie approximately Love) 4. George Cukor (the girls, Gaslight, long previous With the Wind) 5. Woody Allen (ny, Play It back Sam, The pink Rose of Cairo) 6. Charles Chaplin (cutting-edge circumstances, Monsieur Verdoux, city lighting fixtures) 7. Fritz Lang (city, the super warmth, M) 8. Ingmar Bergman (Fanny and Alexander, Scenes from a marriage, character) 9. John Cassavetes (a woman under the impact, Love Streams, commencing night 10. Stanley Kubrick (A Clockwork Orange, Lolita, The Shining) 11. Federico Fellini (Nights of Cabiria, l. a. Dolce Vita, l. a. Strada) 12. Andrei Tarkovsky (Stalker, Solaris, Andrei Rublev) 13. Billy Wilder (some like it warm, The lost Weekend, Double Indemnity) 14. Luis Buñuel (The Exterminating Angel, Belle de Jour, That imprecise merchandise of choose) 15. Sidney Lumet (12 indignant adult males, canine Day Afternoon, engaged on Empty) sixteen. William Wyler (Roman holiday, The Heiress, The Little Foxes) 17. Hayao Miyazaki (lively Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke) 18. Roman Pola?ski (Repulsion, The Tenant, Rosemary's toddler) 19. Michael Curtiz (Casablance, The Adventures of Robin Hood, Mildred Pierce) 20. Frank Capra (it somewhat is a fantastic life, Mr. Deeds is going to city, It exceeded off One night)

• Max

Also maybe Frank Capra (It's A Wonderful Life, Mr Smith Goes to Washington etc.) and Australian director Peter Weir (Gallipoli, Dead Poets' Society, Witness etc.). Good luck.

Jaws :D