Megan asked in PetsRodents · 9 years ago

my hamster's water bottle is leaking?

My hamster's water bottle is leaking a lot. I didn't want to get her bedding wet because I know that can grow mold so I took it out for the night. Will she be ok without it for one day?

• Favorite Answer

if your talking about removing the bottle then yes but gave him a bowl of water

and if your talking about removing the bedding then yes again or gave him some non inked paper or unscented tissues.

Yeah some water bottles just come out crappy.

What sometimes worked for me is I would flip the bottle up side down... squeeze it a little until the water reaches the tip then flip it back and let go. The air will suck in and build up at the top of the bottle. Thus, the pressure will push the water out but not let it leak.

I know its complicated but I hope you got my point....

She should be fine for a day, but they drink quite a bit during the day so I should defiantly recommend you to buy her a new water bottle. They cost £1-£3 from any petshop.

I hope I helped.

Nicole :) xx

• malena

Hammys scent like that it is basically how they are moist tail could be very crimson annoyed epidermis hair loss and different undesirable issues. this is basically how hammy are I advise if that's undesirable replaced into it with infant shampoo.

it wouldn't be preferable to leave her without it, can't you move it to a different area of the cage for the day? an area that can get wet?

• she will be okay for a day!

speaking of hamster water bottles i need to go give my Chinchillas more water!

Source(s): owner of 3 Chinchillas (& babies on the way!), 3 cats, 1 kitten, 2 horses, used to have lots of hamsters!, owned adult & baby guinea pigs & 3 rabbits... i think i would know!

no. go get a new one, or put a small container in her cage. never leave animals without water

Yes she will be fine. These things usually live in sewers lol :) so going one night won't hurt her.