Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

If God exists, do you think he would like to have dinner with me sometime?

not like a date or anything but just as friends

• ANJ
    Favorite Answer

Definitely. My friend has him on speed dial. Just a sec, I'll have him hook you up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5dxahEOAcs

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL10DF9F7F74B03854

Most likely - but as friends, what would you serve him?

Let's say, he accepts. He shows at your predetermined time. He sits down. You prepare, uh I dunno, Shrimp Scampi! He looks at you and says, "Sorry for your effort, but I'm allergic to shellfish - and shrimp." (how could God be allergic? - stay with me here). Then you say, "okay well, let me fix something else for you really quick". He says he'll wait. You offer him some wine while he waits. He answers, "I no longer drink". You then say, some coffee then - "it upsets my stomach". And you find yourself thinking "well how in the world can I please this guy!?"

Needless to say, it wasn't a good dinner. But the real question is - if he was your friend, wouldn't you know these things about him? In fact, most people end up doing the same thing - walk off not understanding how to please God, or why, or for what. And if they would only get to know him, become his friend, then maybe - that dinner would go so much smoother for both of you.

Just some food for your spiritual thought.

Source(s): We do not need more intellectual power, we need more spiritual power. We do not need more of the things that are seen, we need more of the things that are unseen. -Calvin Coolidge Matthew 5:3
  • Not certain He would.

He is known for being a little on the careful side when it comes to those He has a relationship with.

Though I desire a close relationship, such as the one you describe, I must accept my imperfection prevents it from being a real fantasy.

If I ever reach a point of perfection and my sin is gone, then such a hope becomes real.

Would He like to have dinner with you if you reached a perfect, acceptable state before Him?

My guess, though I can not say for sure, would be maybe.

Michelle

Just look into the eyes of some one you love. Invite her/him for dinner. And lo behold , you will see God .That lovable person, sitting right in front of you is God!

Believe it or not, He is there.

• I'm not sure. You must be a new Potato because He had dinner with the other Potato.

• ?

Invite him in your heart to have supper if you truly believe in God and you will see through your spiritual eyes. Maybe he appeared physically to you also.

I'm sure He'd love to.

Who could be a more entertaining and pleasant guest?

Well, I think that G_d has dinner with you every time you have dinner.

Does G_d like it, only you & G_d know for sure.

God is Omnipresent. He is present every time anyone eats.

Maybe but only if you pay. This is God speaking BTW.