I may have had 2-3 more than it says on the package

Update 2:

Sorry this is in the wrong section

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Taking huge amounts in one dose, just means a lot is expelled with your urine and wasted.

Taking 600-1200mg total per day, spread out over the day in 3 or 4 smaller doses in much more optimal and beneficial.

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Jamlord is actually right. There is such a thing as too much vitamin C. While it is true that you secrete excess vitamin C in your pee, your kidneys are the organs that have to filter all that excess out of your blood. They don't always take kindly to that kind of strain.

By the way, if you get bits of vitamin C tablets in your teeth, brushing your teeth is actually the worst thing you can do. The acid makes the enamel of your teeth soft. Guess what happens if you follow that up with a good scrub: right, you brush the enamel right off your teeth.

Instead just make sure you don't chew vitamin C tablets, just swallow them with some water if you absolutely have to take them.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

U can't OD on vitamin cs I take them to prevent colds in winter. If u get them stuck in ur teeth the acid can damage them but jus brush ur teeth after taken them in the mornings

• 9 years ago

over a long period of time yes. however temporarily it can give you lots of energy and stuff. in the military we have these littel packs of vitamin C and its 1500% daily value... in once swallow of powder mixed with water.. or you can eat it. i wouldn't do it very often though, it could make you before difficient

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

I heard that Vitamin C is the only nutrient you cannot overdose on. Your body simply throws away (with waste) what it doesn't need.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.