Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 9 years ago

Am I the only one that gets irritated by this?

Am I the only one that gets irritated by people that know absolutely nothing about your field of work, then they start calling you stupid and say the way it should be done. Then out of pride you have to show them your degree, and then explain to them why they are the dumb ***. Has anyone here had to put up with people that think they know everything but actually know nothing? If so what is your story on it. Best story gets best answer.

Lol ficka. I love trolls. Have a good day sir.

• Curt J
    Favorite Answer

I used to have a friend that possessed a PhD, which she pronounced as "Fudd". She told me that as a person gets more and more educated and refines their field of study ever further, they begin to know more and more about less and less until eventually, they know absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

Until you get to that point, just consider the source of the criticism, smile, and give him/her all the credence he/she deserves.

I spent 18 years as an Army Recruiter and to this day, still encounter people who, never having served, want to tell me how I should have done my job.

Source(s): Curt Jones SFC, USA Retired Army Recruiter, 1981-1999
  • Hobbit

You're not the only one.

I hear this all the time. My background (and graduate study) is history and sociology. By profession I'm a freelance writer. Given the political overtones people attach to my areas of expertise, I hear everything you can imagine.

I've devised a strategy to pull the rug out from under these nitwits that usually works. I hear someone spouting off, and I'm careful not to mention my credentials to start with. Then I'll make some comments that egg them on. This takes a little practice, but if yo work it right, it does not take long until the idiot will say something like "So why do you think yo know so much? THEN -- very calmly -- i tell them-- preferably in front of other people to maximize the embarrassment -- what my qualifications are.

As I said, takes a bit of practice. But this is about 90 percent effective in shutting them up --and it's a lot more fun than trying to reason with them, which is futile.

It happens all the time to me. If you write ANYTHING that sheds light on the obvious fact Obama is a total failure and a liar to boot you automatically are an idiot. I am a weapons engineer designing small arms for the Pentagon. I have a Phd. My designs have even been patented and now being used by our warriors.

Just think?

ALL.or ANYONE who is an opponent of Obama in 2012 is an idiot.

Now?..Just from the odds of probability; at least ONE person such as say a Michelle Bachmann who has THREE different law degrees has to be at LEAST of normal intelligence.

And, really, what actual PROOF do we have besides media stations as MSNBC that Obama is such a GENIUS?

The man just said in 3 different speeches that America had built an "INTERCONTINENTAL railroad system in the 1860s

Like, that means you can take a train in New York and it will drop you off in Australia!

OMG!

Pleeze!

For all we know Obama is a high school drop out.

There is NO record he ever graduated from any high school.

Nada.!

Source(s): past experiences

You bet I was once asked to give a bid on a damaged pole sign hit by a truck I told the owner ''I can repair that little corner damage for $400 and you will never know it was repaired'' He was very full of himself ''Look I want a bid for a whole new sign and I want it in writing and I want it today to send in to the insurance co'' I was new in business and wanted the work so I bid it on the cheap $4500 weeks later I drove by and saw a handyman doing the work

Did not see his M/B car, went to a pay phone and left a message ''I don't understand why the owner is calling me I never made a new sign for him'' he called back ''why the hell are you call me'' ''ho I'm sorry someone called to confirm I made a new sign for you and I thought it was you'' His voiced change can you stop bey I did sweat was rolling off his forehead ''The people who are calling must be my insurance co [no one ever called me] I told my stupid secretary to call you and she called the wrong co and you were right it only needed repairing, then the dumb bitc# sent in your bid and they sent me a check with your and mine name on it and we could not get hold of you so we signed you co name on it so if I give you a few bucks will you tell them you made a new sign for $4500?'' Only if you cut me a check for $4500 I got it

This clown had 5 CPA working for him and I graduated from Texas youth authority

A lot of people have degrees and all of those in prominent positions have degrees but look at how messed up the world is. How do you explain that?

Armchair rocket scientists make me furious. Especially when they feel the need to go to the press and 'expose' the rest of us as having dared to choose not to implement their pet project.

Yes - I used to have a sign on my desk that said:

"People who think they know everything upset those of us who do!"

actually you're a moron and everything you've ever done has been done in vain. you are a goldfish floating in a puddle of chicken noodle soup with no means for self worth. eat your crockpot sandwiches and move to colorodo you yard pool type muffin crumble. hogsauce on your degree. porkrinds wrote better screenplays than you mr hoity toity boysenberry poison fairy. off with your keds!

Source(s): the cows told me