SWOLLEN MOSTLY AROUND EYES, LITTLE BUMPS ALL OVER FACE BUT NOT RED OR ITCHY?

ok so last morning i woke up very swollen around both of my eyes and VERY tiny little bumps alll over my face (i get goosebumps from it everytime i wash my face). it's not itchy or anything and my face isn't red either. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME??!?!?! i took some allergy medicine just incase but it's not helping.......... anyone had the same issue??? or anyone have an idea what this is all about? thanks in advance.

oh and the swelling is NOT going away. its almost day 3 now.....

• Zelda
    Favorite Answer

Stop using all facial products until your skin clears-it could be the soap. As swelling can be significant, I would call your MD, esp if swelling spreads. You also might have a food allergy, in which case, a dermatologist will need to performs tests that can isolate the agent that is causing the allergy-if that is what it is.

Also, wash your bedding in hot water ( no detergent ) and se what happens. Good Luck!

Source(s): RN
  • gussie

Small Bumps Around Eyes

You might have allergies. Similar things happened to be a few days ago, my eyes and ears were red and swollen. The allergy medicine I took didn't bring down my swelling b/c apparently I kept on exposing myself to the same allergen. I thought it was a food allergy but it persisted for 2 days so I went to the doctors and it turned out I was allergic to dustmites. But make sure you don't use any facial cleansers you don't normally use, watch your bed sheets and pillows in hot water and vacuum and definitely check with your doctor.

Otherwise, you might have a kidney problem called nephrotic syndrome... swelling is one of the symptoms b/c the body is unable to get rid of excess water.

Good luck with it! Hope you get better.

• Ian

keep your eyes closed during the facial