What does she really mean when she says she doesn't want to be in a relationship now but wants to see me?

There is this girl that I've liked and worked (4 years) with for a while and who's always hinted at reciprocated feelings. The trouble was that she was always in a relationship. So when I returned home this past year we reconnected when I started my old job again. It wasn't a week later that I had to quit because of the Boss's style of "running" a restaurant. So I didn't hear from "K" for a while before she passed a message through my kid sister that she wanted to see me.

I came back, as a costumer, and we hit things off pretty well. I knew her current relationship was winding down so I decided to bide my time and wait. During this time things went great: she gave me her number (actually she told me that I should get her number from a mutual friend, which I thought was odd), gave me positive signs of interest, and talked to me exclusively when I came to visit. As I knew she had left a long-term, serious relationship I decided to give her some time away from that world.

Fast forward three months. In between we would text multiple times a week and I would always go to the restaurant at least once a week to visit her. Saturday rolls around and I start talking to her and I decided to ask her out. When she started to respond "I don't know how to answer that" I knew this wouldn't go as I had hoped.

I tried to make a joke and walk away but she insisted that I come back. She said that shes not ready to be in a relationship right now. That's why she broke up with her boyfriend. Plus she gave some other minor reasons including that shes still living with her ex and she didn't want things to be awkward. Then I asked her was it really about timing or was it me to which she insisted that it was timing. She then added that she wants me to continue to visit her even though she knows that I hate going there just to see her.

Now she probably said more but I can not remember for certain. We talked for a while after that without things getting awkward or weird and same for today when I saw her. I just don't know how to feel about this. Its not fundamentally good, but its not entirely bad either. She didn't say she liked me, but she did stress that she didn't want me to go away. Now we're both pretty young, 19, and with her just coming out of a 2 and 1/2 year relationship (where she once confessed that she "loved" him although it was clear she was no longer "in love" with him) I don't know what to do. Does she want space and time? How do I give that to her? Or was she just trying to let me down gently? A big heartfelt thanks to all that read this and give a sincere answer.

Favorite Answer

best thing to ask yourself is how much time are you willing to give her? from my experience, that line is mostly used to let down someone gently, however, there is that 1% chance that she is being sincere (this whole issue runs down the same lane as the 'its not you, its me' line) the best thing i can tell you is that deep down in your heart you know what you need to do and if you can look into her eyes and know for sure she's telling you the truth, give her the time she needs and it'll work out. best luck to you and here's hoping it all works out for you :)

Source(s): my personal experience

Fk pals and fwb are approximately the bodily without a strings hooked up. If you're develping emotions, then you're breaking the contract. This regularly occurs with the fwb association. That is why they dont paintings. Be sincere with your self and when you wish extra, and he does now not, then discover any one who wishes what you wish and disregard approximately this man. OR, be ready to be harm unnecessarily.