Shouldn't we all be part conservative, part liberal?

There's nothing wrong with favoring one ideology, but it's narrow-minded to think that all conservatie or all liberal ideas are terrible policies. There is so much one-sided thinking in politics that it drives me crazy. It makes me too frustrated to keep up with it, We say that lawmakers should be compromising, but how can they if people in general are no better at compromising on their own beliefs? Obviously both ideologies have intelligent ideas, why can't people accept or even see that?

Luckily, there are people who fall inbetween, but not nearly as much as there should be.

Kevin, you suggest as though human beings are biologically designed to favor either liberal or conservative ideas. Are you kidding me? Do you think Cavemen were liberal or conservative thinkers?

Favorite Answer

Ideology is philosophy applied to politics. To compromise on politics for most is to compromise on fundamental and important principles. That's why I can't take anyone seriously who calls himself a "moderate". As far as I'm concerned, moderates are unprincipled people who form their political positions based on what they think will make them the most friends.

• Happy

..... Of course. Most people hold dear a few ideas from the opposite party. For examples, many

Republicans treasure their Social Security and Medicare, and many Democrats are Second Amendment supporters. Very few people like ALL that their party promotes.

• Would that make you happy, look at the atroities you have caused, those that are left of centre (with a care mode) have the opportunity to be on the astral plane, somewhere no lawyer (for reasons I may explain in a book) has never, and will never, attain. You advocate for them, take a wild guess as to why that is (HINT; The Criminal Justice Collider).

• Mike

We should think out each issue we have to deal with and take a position on it without regard to some label arbitrarily given to it.

• Tania

you associate yourself with one, because it's a better fit. it doesn't mean you can't see that the other side isn't all bad. those who claim to be strictly one or the other tend to be followers and easily manipulated.

• That's where the Libertarian Party etc. comes into play.

• BRUCE

Good point

The differences are too vast.

• Twurzz

yeah well my liberal part is a lot bigger

• Kevin

that's like asking can somebody be part pregnant....

the two sides are nothing alike...