Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 9 years ago

can a christian like to listen too rap?

i really like to listen to Eminem .but im wanting to start going too church but i got told the type of music that i listen too is dark- evil and ive even been told im going to hell for my sins if i keep listing to it but i don't want to give up the music i love but if i have 2 i will

and i know going too church doesn't make me a christen but it gives me hope and im trying to change some things in my life

and thank you for you time and help

Favorite Answer

You won't go to hell for the type of music you listen to, or the clothes you wear. You will go to hell if you do not believe that Jesus Christ is the Savior, and to love him, with all your heart, souk and mind. Of course, you should never idolize Eminem, you can be a huge fan, of him and his lyric though.

I listen to all kinds of music. Rap, pop, r&b, aren't the best Christian music. Many of the themes in them aren't very Christ like. BUT, your taste in music will defiantly not determine where you end up when you die. Those people who say so are stupid to.

Hope I helped

Source(s): 12 year old who's been a Christian for 9 years, goes to Christian school, goes to church, AND listens to rap

A Christian can listen to whatever music he/she wants to (as long as it's not devil worshiping, or something of the like). There are actually Christian music groups of all types. Rap, Rock, Metal, Grunge, etc. I'm a Christian, and I believe rap is evil about as much as I believe videogames are evil. If you like Eminem, then by all means listen to him. I don't know what he raps about, but if it's violent, or dark, well, just don't believe in what the lyrics say. Believe in what the bible says.

I'm not going to judge you by what you listen too. I like rap music... secular beats. But God just wanted me to drive away from secular music. So i switched to Christian rap and honestly it really is a lot better and teaches me alot more. I like the remixes of secular music (by using secular beats) and putting them into christian songs.

Source(s): If you want to know some Christian rap artists check them out. Just see how you like them. Lecrae, Trip Lee, Thi'sl, Dre Da Flame, Young Chozen (remixes), Flame, and Json

Of course , there are Christian rappers .

But besides that, yeah you can especially if that's what you like listening to, you can't choose or change really what you like .... & there are rappers that aren't as you put it "dark-evil" as Eminem if that's the problem , but if that's who you like...there's nothing wrong with that .

it doesn't depend on what music yo listen to it matter's what you pic to to rule your life rap music or God

Of course. as long as you don't idolize this music of Eminem as an artist. Just admire the lyrics and/or beat

Of course!

This is my Answer to the whole thing you ask lol can't explain sort but in details I can and please read. you need it I believe.

okay first off, if someone told you that you're going to hell because of music. no no no no no no. that's wrong. the onyl way for you to go to hell is not accpeting Christ as your Savior from sin. that is the only thing. but it will effect your testimony and belief. depends how you use the music. I listen to metal. all kinds of metal and music is my life. but metal isn't the only thing I listen to. whatever makes music to my ears I am good. you don't have to give up rap or anything unles it is the source of your problems that you want to get rid of. but if you love music. that would not have much effect on you. You can listen to rap but be careful what you liste nto. I use to listen to Chealse's Grin, Upon a Burning Body, Whitechapel and all of those other bands. so yeah, some of themare really out there. (lol) but do'bt try to get rid of the music you like but replace the artists if you want. I switch over to Christin metal because of my fait hand I don't want any false in my faith. it's not a hypocrite to like social music and call yourself a Christian. If you are saved. But it's okay to liste nto any kind of music but like I said be careful. and if you hany anyone that says music brings you to hell. tell them to message me on my FB http://www.facebook.com/dtallen1 (you can add me) and I will correct them because it is like saying (God will let you in by good works or deeds) but that's not true. the only innocence we have is the Blood of Christ and with it, you can go to heaven. but if not God will juge you by not being save and he will condemn you for it. God is not a cuel God but a Just God. if God would allow people to get into heaven by good works or deeds. what would it be? everyone has their differences in good works and deeds. God need something to be grounded the best it can and that is His Son. Christ Die for us and we are to be saved through Him if we want heaven and to be with God. that is all. anyway There is no wrong to listen to music. but Keep God aboe all things. That is what I can say to you. I'm only 19 and I might sound like a preacher or something like that but I know my facts and truth lol. so keep listening to whatever you want but if you want to be save and accpet Christ and have your life change, avvept Christ becaue without Him, we are all meant to be miserable. With Him we are all meant to be joyful but there are times that things are hard to be a Christian. It is not easy because how life is now but Let God take control. I am a Coversative Southern Baptist Believer which the church is teach strickly on the Bible and nothing else. make your own notes and what you see in God's words that he appeals to you. that is the best church you ca nget into but others would be no. I've been to 4 other types of churches but Conversative Southern Baptist are the ones I like but I am in Texas. and I don't know any churches are like that unless they are call Conversative Nothern Baptist Churhc. anyway Conversative is not aname but a fact of what the church stands for and teaches. and Conversative is the best you can get with any church but do not go to Liberal. half of them is false. not all but half and I believe lots more. anyway srry for the 4 paragpraphs Iwrote but what you said and ask and explain yourself. I just want to answer the whole thing haha. so srry but hey this is what I believe in music and that is what Iknow and I am 100% sure what I speak is correct. some won't but I study my Bible and try to live a better christian life. that is why I gave my music. if you want a stong and well Grounded faith when you're save, you want to replace the bands or artists you listen to with Christian but the styles, there are no styles that God says in the Bible you have to listen to certain types of music. there is not even a phrase that says like that or similar or anything close to it. Nothing from a long long shot. any music the praise and sings, rap, screams or dance in His name is Holy and satisfy His glory. God would love you to listen to any kind of music, if it is praise in His name. :) Does this Help you? and I am a very conservative of what I speak and put my facts on and I have my sources.

Source(s): Biblical Worldview, the Bible and God.

who cares god and hell aint real anyway you just rot in the ground who gives a ****

its just music O_o