50/50 movie...should I see it?

Is it worth paying for to see in theaters? Is it funny, sad, serious...anyone that's seen it give me your take on it please. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

It is one of my favorite movies of the year. Joseph Gordon-Levitt does an incredible job as Adam, the main character who is diagnosed with cancer. Anna Kendrick comes off as cute and real as his therapist while Seth Rogen supplies just the right amount of funny. In fact, the entire movie supplies the right amount of funny to balance the intense emotion it bares. I was close to crying at times but at other times i was laughing hysterically. Some might say I'm going too far by saying this has Oscar potential, but I think it serves as excellent awards material. I definitely recommend seeing it.

Source(s): I saw it today.
  • Andrew

I just got back from the theater, and 50/50 is FANTASTIC. I highly recommend it.

I've seen a ton of movies this year, and I'd say it's definitely my favorite of 2011. It's hilarious of course, but it is very touching, sweet, well-acted. I can't recommend this movie enough. Go see it and tell all of your friends and family to see it.

omg, 50/50 is one of the best movies ive ever seen.

It's getting good reviews, I mean REALLY good reviews. Either see this one or Moneyball methinks.