Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

Selling knitted dog scarves - are my prices ok?

I need SERIOUS answers because I really want to try and make a business out of this. I recently created an Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/shop/MadameMona) and I'm trying to figure out how to price my items. Suggestions?

• Cheryl
    Favorite Answer

i find 10 dollars is too expensive ... the scarves are nice but in reality a child could produce a scarf like that in minimal time and requiring minimal skill ... i do not think those scarves are professional looking, they look like they are knit by a child and i would not pay 10 dollars for one ... and dogs don't need scarves ... i would think it would be a safety issue to have that tied around a dog's neck ...

I think you've priced them perfectly. Price them based on what you think people will buy them for and the amount of time, material and energy put into them. I can't tell you what a great price is, because it really all depends on the item. Things that are more extravagant and you spent much more time on, charge more, things that were easily made and took little time, price lower.

I would go with $4.00 to $7.00. $10.00 is a bit too much.