Is being "white" the epitome of beauty in the U.S.?

Favorite Answer

No. Beauty is related to signs of health and fertility, such as symmetry and perportion (golden ratio).

Yes, it certainly is and that only stands to reason. Many people love to repeat the quote which states that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Well, the majority of the beholders in the United States are white and it is a scientifically proven fact that people are most attracted to others that have traits similar to their own. Therefore, the majority of whites are going to see white characteristics as the epitome of beauty.

No... White people tan to be brown.

I think American media's epitome of beauty include light eyes, with a tan or darker skin tone, long hair, full lips, white teeth.

If this were not true, you wouldn't see celebs getting awful brown spray tans.

• Aaron

I think that's all over the world. Blacks and Indians are the most known to bleach their skin. As in Mexico, the lighter you the more "higher status" you are.

• khaz

Nahh they use to be but Black women are the standard of beauty White women would kill for and spend millions for! You kno this

Source(s): City

Nope. And your question isn't phrased correctly.

• .

I don't know, but it is for me.