Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 9 years ago

My cat is hurt and I need advice. Please help!?

So my female 4 month old kitten wondered off from my house. She was missing for an entire day, which never happens she never leave the yard. She came home the next morning barely able to walk. She had been urinated on, on the rear end. I am almost positive a tomcat got a hold of her and mated with her. She was sore in every paw and leg. She was cut up and had a gash on her rear leg that had bone or tendon protruding out of it. The gash is a small circle shape. The other thing is she will not close her right eye even when she sleeps. The third eyelid just covers it. I have been putting tear eye drops in it to keep it from drying out. She sleeps all day and night when she is usually a very active cat. She is acting very depressed and doesn't want to be around anyone. We have another cat that tries to clean her but after a minute my cat squeals and tries to get away no matter where the other cat is licking. Can you give me any advice how to help her. And is it okay to give her a quarter of a chewable baby aspirin?

Favorite Answer

The poor thing ! Definitely take it to a vet as soon as humanely possible. It needs help from experts. And try to avoid giving the cat human-intended medicine, as human medicines can tend to work differently on animals than they do on humans.

Take your cat to the vet......N O W !!!

You have NO IDEA what happened to her. She could have been beaten or tortured by some @$$h*le kids or somethin'. You don't know whether or not she has a head-injury. Just get her to the vet. They won't guess as to what's happened to her, they'll definitively find out what's wrong and they'll come up with a plan to treat her problems. That kitten may be suffering, or wind up sicker because an injury has been left untreated and is now progressing. DO NOT GIVE HER A BABY ASPIRIN! Besides the fact that I don't know whether or not it's toxic to cats, it's an anticoagulant! What if she has an internal bleed? You know you'll be making that worse right? See, this is why we HAVE vets in the first place...so we don't HAVE to guess and guess. If you love her, take her to the vet. I can't imagine why you didn't immediately! If it's because of money, most vets will work with you and schedule a payment plan. They'll also recommend lower-cost treatments if they know that's an issue for you. PLEASE take her to the vet. PLEASE!

Source(s): I'm a mom, former-nurse, and am a cat-owner.
  • Erika

basically wash it with some salt water. you additionally can clip the hair removed from the region so as that it would not get caught interior the wound and infect it. you need to in no way observe something meant for people on an animal provided that they have lots greater gentle epidermis. in addition they lick themselves. scientific creams ought to worsen or burn the floor, or poison them if ingested. it's going to in all probability heal up with the aid of itself if it is not been cased with the aid of yet another cat. If this is a bite, then those can grow to be abcesses. once you're apprehensive see the vet. Bandaging isn't mandatory except something is bleeding badly, broken, twisted etc.

I've had something similar happen to one of my cats (but it was a little more severe, and he ended up losing a leg over it)

I can't stress how important it is to make sure you get your kitten to the vet... Vet bills really aren't nearly as expensive as hospital bills, and it could save your kitten's life.

The cat I have who just lost his leg would sleep with just the third lid, too, and for him it meant that he was ill (as soon as we fixed the problem, he started sleeping normally).

Get your kitten to the vet, NOW.

Source(s): I've had cats and kittens since I was little... and now I have a 3-legged kitty.

I would NOT under any circumstances give her aspirin. You need to get her to a VET ASAP. she's in dire need of medical attention. But for a future reference. Always have your kitten on a leash. Mine is indoors until I can afford a leash or harness for her so she doesn't run off. It prevents happenings like these. Even if it is unusual for your kitten to leave the yard. Remember, we can't always be watching.

Ah god no, no aspirin it kills cats. Why don't you take her to the vet? Obviously she's hurt, and probably has an infection in her leg by now. Go to the vet ASAP.

Oh my goodness!!!!! Poor thing!! DEFINATLY take her to the vet!!! PLEASE!!! I know it can be expensive but a friend of mine wouldn't take her dog to the vet and something bad happened in the end...you can risk it hunny! I don't want to scare you but you need to bring her in. Talk to your parents, friends ANYONE if you need the cash. I REALLY hope shell be okay

this is serious she needs to go to the vet ASAP she is in extreme pain but you cant give her baby asprin

Why would you let a baby cat out?..wtf call a ******* vet! noww! poor thing!

Source(s): Wow

:O Poor baby! ): Take her to professional help immediately.