I need to exercise more, but I don't know what to do?

I'm a 17 year old girl. My back hurts a lot because I don't get any exercise and so my muscles are really weak. I thought I could do pilates or something, but my parents can't afford any sort of classes, (and neither can I), I walk to school every day, but it's only five minutes each way.

We have a treadmill, but I don't like jogging/running very much, I find it really boring, and obviously my lungs/heart are really weak, so it hurts a lot. I also have a messed up knee, so running is hard on it.

I really need something to do, but I really have no ideas. I could do some jogging, but I want to do other things too.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

• ny
    Favorite Answer

Doing an effective whole body conditioning workout

can be done entirely at home without any fancy equipment. A couple of

dumbbells is all you will need. (Even if you don't have dumbbells

there is usually something lying around the house that is heavy enough

to substitute in for them).

Here is a list of 20 exercises you can do right in your own home for

a great whole body conditioning workout.

Exercises:

Group 1:

Bodyweight Squats

Bulgarian Split Squats

Y-Squats

Prisoner Squat

Reverse Lunge

Step Ups

One Leg "Get Ups"

Group 2:

Push Ups

Push Up and Point

Mountain Climbers

Decline Push Ups

Push Ups/Stick Ups

Step Up and Press

Squat and Press

Group 3:

Plank

Side Plank

Curl and Press

One Arm Rows

Bird Dogs

One Leg Deadlifts

Pick one exercise from each group and do them all back to back for a

mini circuit of 3 exercises. Do each exercise for a timed interval of

10 seconds for a total of 30 seconds per mini circuit.

As you get better at them work up to doing each exercise for 20

seconds for a total of 60 seconds per mini circuit.

Take 30-60 seconds rest between mini circuits.

For beginners do a total of 3 mini circuits to start. Working up to 4

or 5 as you get better at them.

Once you're ready to move to the next level add a second mini circuit

by choose 3 different exercises (one from each grouping). Do your

second mini circuit with the same time of work to rest ratio as your

fist.

If you feel you are already at an advanced level you can add one or

two more mini circuits up to a total of 4 mini circuits. These 20

exercises are just an example of what is possible, there are dozens

more that would work in this mini circuit style, you can incorporate

any exercise that you like into these mini circuits. This style of

workout is a great complete whole body conditioning

program you can do right at home in under 45 minutes.

Well there is a lot of exercise that you can do. We have been fooled by the Nike ads to think we have to exercise to the extreme. Remember you don't have to exercise to a high level, all you are really trying to do is increase your heart rate.

For example, if you run for 5 minutes, then walk for 20...your heart rate will stay elevated for the whole 25 minutes.

If you are really unfit, walking can increase your heart rate.

But for your back issues you need to really do some exercises to build muscle. swimming is very good for this, but you also download various exercise videos from the Internet and youtube and follow them.

• Erika

in case you may opt to decrease weight the undesirable information is its extremely demanding to objective a particular section as fat shops are used up from everywhere in the physique and not purely one place. If it is demanding to get the inducement my suggestion is do not do it too lots or too long. initiate trouble-free. basically suitable fat loss comes once you're appearing at 60 to 70 % of your overall performance. initiate off with the aid of eating 2 glasses of water in the previous each meal (what you consume performs a significant functionality). SO...once you get homestead 2 glasses of water then immediately into comfortable clothing and out for a 40 5 min - a million hr walk. not sprinting yet not being lazy. in case you will detect a community on the edge of homestead this is somewhat up and down. additionally combination up the place u circulate. do this 3-4 circumstances a week and your on your way. As u get greater healthful make it greater problematic. you will discover on the days u do not walk u wont sense as reliable.

Start by doing light exercises, lift light weights with your arms, try doing squats, do some leg raises on your back to begin strengthening your abs. alot of people dont know this but putting strength in your abs helps keep your back in good posture, try walking or light jogging, begin little by little and your body will begin to ask for more and more challenging workouts and youll get stronger. i used to be extremely overweight as a kid and now i'm an aspiring male model :) i know the struggle, you just have to put yourself into it completely, everyone's looks are a result of their very own efforts. dont forget that. people respect a tone and fit body because they know it takes alot of hard work to get that way.

I suggest asking your doctor, or going to a fitness place just to ask questions that way your getting information from someone personal.

Music always helps when you work out to make it not boring. Also being at home can be boring but I believe on youtube they have Pilate's classes. This girl is good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCg_gh_fppI

Youtube thumbnail

It's for beginners. She has tons of videos on it.

I hope I helped!!

Source(s): Me
  • F P

You have too many excuses for not doing any exercises. Here's one that won't strain your body. Take up swimming. There's no stress on your legs, you'll get better conditioning for your lungs and exercise the whole body. It'll help your back, legs and tummy and every other part of your body and even your mind.

walk or jog with ipod on it makes walking so much easier. thats if you enjoy music. no pain = no game. make sure to eat more protein because protein builds muscle.