Would this annoy you?

My name is Emily Sherry and almost all of my teachers/peers call me "Sherry" which isn't even my fricken first name. It seems like no one even knows my first name. :|

7 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, it wouldn't bother me. If you play sports, this is common. I used to get called by last name only throughout high school by teachers. Not by my peers though. Maybe, they think it's cute. I think your name, Emily Sherry is very cute.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Maybe it's not that they don't know your name or anything but it's like, your nickname? Sherry's a bit more unique than the name Emily, which is a great name. Maybe they just like you enough to give you a nickname. If it really does bother you, say something like "My name is Emily" or something...try to be nice! :)

• DanTF
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

No worries. They prefer the latter. My last name is Fruto, and I noticed others rather call me that than by my first name. I have also heard Fruity and Juicy Fruto, among others. Sherry is not a bad name at all

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes. You have the benefit of it being an actual name but it would still be bothersome. When they call you this, politely correct them by saying "my name is Emily" or "I'd prefer to be called Emily"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

You came to yahoo answers. It bothers you obviously and that's all that matters. If it's bothering you tell them you'd rather be called by your lovely first name :)

Source(s): My brain
  • Yes if I were you I would constantly correct them until they got it right.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes, this would annoy me. Thank you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.