Traffic ticket and Court?

Okay so 4 months ago I ran a stop sign and got a traffic ticket. The officer said to pay it and suggested going to traffic school to deduct a point from my license and to not have insurance go up. Two months after, nearing the due date, I asked for an extension. Almost two months later (today) I am nearing what was supposed to be my due date to pay the ticket but now online and on the phone its only giving me the option of going to court, which is unnecessary since I am very willing to just pay it since I know I F'd up. So why do I have to go to court to only plead guilty? Why can't I pay online or over the phone like the ticket says I could? Is that what an arraignment is? Can I go to the court house first thing Monday and ask if I can pay the ticket then? I'm usually a very careful driver so this has never happened to me, therefore that's why I have no clue what's going on. HA.

Your help would be very appreciated.

Favorite Answer

gototrafficschool.com was really easy and cheap. Use Code: X3C-8FC-DB8 to get $2 off.