Filth
Lv 5
Filth asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 9 years ago

excluding Primates whats more intelligent Mammals or Birds on average?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I would say mammals, but some birds such as corvids, parrots..etc are quite intelligent , and can be smarter than many mammals. There are however whales and dolphins, elephants, dog cats and pigs that are quite intelligent. It depends on what species, genus..etc you are speaking of.

I would probably guess mammals though.

• 9 years ago

Mammals are especially Cectaceans. They are equally as intelligent as apes. Bottlenose dolphins to be specific. They have just as high intelligence cogntion as any primate and are smarter than any bird. Sure corvids are intelligent and rank up as some of the most intelligent animals on earth but cetaceans are better in all around intelllignece like tool use, problem solving, memory, and planning ahead. This is why they can be trained so easily and understand those different commands while corvids have to have puzzles set up for them for thier intelligence to be tested.

• Tim D
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Hard to say but mammals may still have the edge. Dogs can be trained to do a lot of things and so can dolphins and horses. I've heard that elephants can be trained to guide a lost person back home, besides other things of course.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.