Jenny asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 9 years ago

Which renewable energy sources do you think is the best to be adopted by Malaysia?

a) Solar energy

b) hydro

c) wind energy

d) geothermal energy

e) biomass

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Only the ones that are economically viable. Hydro usually is if you have suitable rivers to dam. Solar isn't except in remote areas. Wind might be useful in some areas. I don't know if you have suitable geothermal energy but it could be great. Biomass is probably useful. In other words they all probably have a place but the decision should be based on what is most economically feasible. Whichever one gives the most watts per dollar is the best choice. That also applies to nuclear and fossil fuels by the way.

• 9 years ago

Do you realize how hard of a question that really is? I mean you'd have to know quite a bit about Malaysia to give an intelligent answer to that... uhmmm without any understanding of the governmental or social structure... I'd say geothermal or hydro considering you're near the ring of fire and surrounded by water...

• Arthur
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

So near the equator solar energy has got to be the best option, but that need not rule out others.

Source(s): Geography
  • Ian
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Hydro would be the best. The rest are all expensive, inefficient and require massive subsidies. If you want to suppress Malaysia from growing economically and socially I guess forcing "green" energy on them is the way to to do it though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • mars
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I'll say e) biomass? You can use refuse/recycling and ocean materials, like plankton for recharging.

• David
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

3rd gen nuclear power plants. 24/7/365 power. small land footprint. no carbon emission. all the rest are useful to some extent; but none can compare to nuclear power generation for efficiency.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

solar energy

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

they are all expensive .....Nuclear is the best way to go

• 9 years ago

SOLAR!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.