Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 9 years ago

In general, is a 2006 Toyota Corolla a reliable vehicle?

I currently have a 2006 Toyota Corolla that has already accumulated roughly 70,000 miles.

I know it all depends on how the car owner takes care of it from the beginning. We constantly give it oil changes following a certain amount of miles. We just changed an entire new battery because the existing one blew out.

The majority of my friends says 70,000 miles on a Toyota is absolutely nothing. I don't know what they mean by that. I'm just curious if my car is able to withstand my constant driving for the next 4 years =-DD assuming that I take care of it and all. The reason for my question is that I have had friends who drive Fords and Pontiacs which break down on them earlier than expected.

Favorite Answer

We own a 2003 Toyota Corolla and a 2004 Toyota Corolla with far more miles and they are both working.

• roger

none of you are going to know anything about how long a car lasts until you have owned cars for about 20 years. So until you get to that point, I would do what I did a lot of when I was younger, asked a lot of questions from older people who took care of thier cars.

You are right about the oil changes, and you are also dead on the money about the more driving the more routine maintenance neccessary. Thats just how it goes. And dont use cheap crappy fuel. There are companies who use different chemicals to get the octane rating up, and companies like chevron use cleaner burning chemicals with less water in them. This is why I use chevron, clean fuel, clean air and clean oil are the three things your car needs every day. Here is an eye opener for you, go to carcomplaints.com and check out the make and model of your toyota. It had some complaints, but nothing like ford or pontiac or chevy. its all about engineering and toyota and nissan have some decent cars.

Yes generally very reliable.

Yes.