Are there any sites that focus on film photography?

I'm taking a film photography class this semester. I really screwed up the roll I shot for the current assignment by underdeveloping it by like 2-3 minutes. I know that it's underdeveloped because I started with the wrong column on the temperature conversion chart.

My instructor agreed that underdevelopment was the problem with the negatives, but when I went in to print a contact sheet for them today the lab assistant told me that he thought the developing was fine and the problem was my exposure settings. The problem with that is that we're working on a light and shadow assignment right now, and we were supposed to take sets of 4 frames with 1 exposed correctly, 1 exposed correctly with a gray card, 1 underexposed by one stop with a gray card, and 1 overexposed by a stop with the gray card... so at least half of the roll DID have deliberate exposure problems.

Is there a site that focuses on film photography that has examples of things that can go wrong with negatives? I really want to look at some so I can compare them to the ones I screwed up.

Thanks, Photog, but that's not quite what I had in mind.

Favorite Answer

You can try the Analog Photography User Group, where the collective brain trust can help.

Yes Bartram Gallery features landscape photography captured with medium to large format camera's. There is also a good blog that has information on using film and natural light. The blog is Nature Landscape Photography Blog.