This dress to sort for a funeral?

It's a little black that is just above the knees. Is this ok or disprespectful? It's my first funeral. 10 points best answer

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think if your dress isn't very revealing at the top portion, breast area (low cut etc) then it would be appropriate as long as its JUST ABOVE the knee...if its higher then i'd recommend a black stocking. IF your dress does have a low cut or exposes "too much skin" as some would say, then you could try to wear a small jacket on top. Keep accessories and make up to a minimum.

I am sorry for your loss.

Best of luck, Sam

• 9 years ago

In case it's too short, wear black stockings with it. Make sure it looks really proper, though it won't matter as much if you're young.

The thing with little black dresses is that half the time, the top is too revealing, sexy, or happy-looking. If it's like that, then wear a black bolero of cute black jacket over it.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

yes i think that is fine for a funeral i mean you dont want to be wearing something down to your knees for a funeral maybe if u add a nice black head piece that would complete the outfit

and im sorry for your loose xoxo

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I think it's fine as long as the dress ain't strapless or has straps. That would give the impression that you are trying to be disrespectful. Glad to help :) By the way, I am very sorry for your loss <3

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

how old r u if ur a teen its ok not so good if ur older hope that help I'm a young minister.

• 9 years ago

dont think its too short, look at it when you sit down in it, see if it is too short when u sit down. concern about its modesty? -look at the cleavage area and shoulders

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

i think that is ok. as long as its not a tank top. if it is, wear something over it

• 9 years ago

as long as it's modest

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.