Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 9 years ago

Do you think it is wise to hold off the wedding?

I have been with my fiance ever since my daughter was born. He has been there for me threw a lot and we've been living together for the past 4 months and things are working out great. I am 24 weeks pregnant with his baby and currently trying to finish my assosiate degree. I just feel like we are rushing into the wedding due to my pregnancy and I feel the pressure from the outside world due to one time a lady said "Are you getting married soon?" and I answered "Yes, but we are just trying to prioritize and save up money." I was then returned with a nasty look..anyways. My family agrees with me and says I should wait till I am out of collage. Do you agree?

Favorite Answer

Marriage should be a priority given your circumstances.

• April

You have to come to the realization that you cannot make everyone happy. One lady gives you a nasty look because you are not getting married right away; others will give you nasty looks because you are getting married while pregnant.

Right now, you are taking on a lot - planning a wedding can be very stressful and that is the last thing that you will want while you are pregnant.

If it were me, I would wait until I am finished with school. You are already living together - give it some time to see how things go once the baby is born. I personally think it would be nice to plan a wedding without worrying about school, on top of being pregnant.

But, the decision is ultimately yours - I think you probably already know what is right for you, now you just have to stop worrying about what others think and do what is best for you and your baby.

Good luck to you.

I think it is very wise to wait. People are going to have opinions good or bad about either decision you make. It is your life, you need to do it when your ready and not care what other people say. I was 19 when I had my son, but I looked like I was 15 so people gave me nasty looks all the time. I lied and said I was married to people that asked, what business is it of a total stranger if I am married or not. Do what is right for you and your fiance and your children. No matter what you decide, someone will have something to say, don't listen if you don't like their comments, some people are just ignorant.

I know this is hard, but you can't live your life by what others think. If you and your fiance are ok waiting, then wait. No sense in rushing into a life long commitment to make society happy. Good luck with whatever decision you decide to make and I wish you all the best!

wait until you finish college.people really need to get over this whole 'you have to be married to have kids' because you don't.i have yet to see proof that marriage immediately makes you a perfect parent

you have a lot on your plate right now.in all honesty,your first priority should be your baby.all this stress isn't good for him/her.nobody has the right to make judgements on you,or pressure you.you shouldn't feel 'forced' into it because you're having a baby.its the 21st century.its all inheritance laws,that's all.besides,at one point in history you couldn't get married unless you could prove you could get pregnant,the only way to prove that was to get pregnant!

no doubt you will told 'go down the courthouse' by some people,but ignore them.this is YOUR life and YOUR decision.haters are gonna hate,but why make yourself miserable in the process?

Source(s): i have a nearly 4 year old son,been with his dad 5 years and amazingly,he isn't dead - you would think he would be on account of the fact that we aren't married *rolls eyes*

You've just answered your own question. You think you should wait. So wait