should i go or stay longer.. help:(?

im lost and dont know what to do.. i am attending a community college now and thinking of transferring next spring and move out to a different city. but the problem is that i have a bf that im truely in love with and i dont wanna leave him, hes thinking of transferring in 2013 and i dont think i can wait that long. im miserable at home and want to move out asap. (i still get treated like a kid and controlled) what should i do? im just so afraid of losing him and i dont like long distance relationships.. help:(

btw im 20 years old. and i really do feel like im wasting time staying here, but my heart tells me otherwise:( there arent even any jobs here.

convincing my bf to come with me doesnt help either.

• Derek
    Favorite Answer

It's important that you complete your college education. You are not wasting your time pursuing your college degree. Do your best and appreciate the money you are saving by going to a community college and living with your family. Once you complete a 2 year transfer program at the community college, then you can move on to the 4 year university that your boyfriend will be transferring to. Remember that you should choose a college based on what's best for you-and that might not be the same university your boyfriend transfers to. Boyfriends may come and go, but a college degree stays with you forever. If your boyfriend is worthwhile, then he's worth waiting for-even if that means living with your family now and finishing at the community college.

I had a college professor who said that a bachelors degree was like a "badge of honor" in society, and I'm inclined to agree with him.

Source(s): former college adviser