Based on these dates when is the earliest I can test for pregnancy?

Not the latest as in missed period but sooner than that.

- Last period started September 6

- Ovulated and had sx Sept. 18. (I don't know why I am still testing positive for ovulation with an ovulation kit so I don't know if something is wrong w/ me and maybe I can't get pregnant any way.

- My cycles are unpredictable but between 32-38 days so I don't know when to expect my next period anyway. (I took a test this morning and it was negative).

Thanks for any help.

• Favorite Answer

If you periods are a bit erratic the best time to take a test is 14 days after you think you ovulated which would be in the next couple of days.

My best advice for you is buy a few tests and take them at 3 day intervals until you either get a positive test or your period starts. Unfortunately there is no magic time to take a test. It is just when your body has produced enough hormones for the test to detect. For some women that could be a week before their period and for others it can be a week after their period is already late.

Also make sure you are taking a really sensitive test to get the earliest result. Look for tests which measure 25ul of HCG as these are the ones which you can usually take about 4 days before your period is due.

Good luck!

on the grounds that your sessions are unpredictable, the longer you wait the extra smart. Why do no longer you wait till approximately day 40 to objective? The could be 15 October. interior the period in-between, look out for conceivable being pregnant indications (yet save in mind which you would be pregnant and not have those): sore breasts, fatigue and mild-weight cramping, tugging or pulling interior the abdomen section.