I honestly just feel like giving up on him...?

So me and my best friend had the best summer together. We really fell for eachother, and we came clean about liking one another. He wanted to "get married' and we literally had a fake wedding. A nice day in a jazucci with him, and I even gave him a couple kisses on the cheek. I really like him thats why I've stuck with him through everything that we've been tru, Him confused about who he really like, another girl asking him to homecoming. He baked me a pie to aplogise and how she was just a friend and how it means nothing. At time I just want to give up where at this point i kinda already did. EVERY SINGLE TIME, i try to address what we are, he just goes about that he does like me but he doesn't see anything happening and it's because I lost the reason to put in effort.

Favorite Answer

I've been in this situation too many times where he claims to like me and shows it, but just wont commit to me. I would usually spend years waiting for them committing myself to them emotionally and not giving other ppl who showed interest a chance. Nothing came of it except I ended being in long and open relationships with these men.

I think committing myself to these relationships is where I went wrong. All of these men (3) had deep trust issues from past relationships nd i thought if i just showed them my undying love dedication and loyalty it would make them feel secure enough to want to be with me and only me. Fail. Turns out that they did keep me around unlike other girls who they didnt trust but the never committed to me because I never REQUIRED that they did. I was willing to stay by their side through thick and thin. They knew this and took advantage of it. They knew that could have their cake and eat it and that Id bake them another.

So what Im saying is, yes get to know him, spend time with him. BUT keep your options open. If he knows that he may possibly lose you (the girl that he likes so much) to another man, he will make an effort to do everything to keep you and give you exactly what you want! Don't play games, use other ppl, ect. genuinely date other ppl who you may be interested in. even if you dont end up with this guy, you will end up with someone that you truly like!

When a guy really likes you and wants to be with you, you pretty much don't have to make any effort to get him, he calls you texts you, takes you out, whenever a guy says he is "confused" that translates to "I'm full of crap" just go out and have fun meet other guys and keep enjoying his pies in other words don't take this too seriously there are so many guys out there that it isn't worth agonizing over a silly immature one. Best of luck to you sweetie.

Source(s): Been there, done that.

You've shared a lot together I'm sure. You need to ask yourself what path are you on now and which would you like to be on with him in regards to your life!

Focus on yourself as the centre of your world and the rest will attract to you but only if you act confident, and believe in yourself! If you feel your trying too hard with him then you are. Perhaps you need to take a step back and see how this really looks!

Listen to how he acts around you. Is he your best friend, lover or less? learn to see things as they are instead of what you wish them to be? if they dont fit your needs then change it!

cheers

• Give the kid another chance if you really think about breaking up with him, do it. Go with what you <3 tells you.

• Ace

at this point I just think he is still confuse who he likes, he likes you dont get me wrong but he thinks he likes the other girl too... so its just best to go steady right now...

answer mines please?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201109...

girl i hear ya, winter is a biz-nitch. it ends more relationships than divorce

Source(s): two words: Personal. Experience.