Is it really possible to trust anyone who actually wants to lead the free world? Too much power for one person?

The power of the presidency, his cabinet, his agencies has expanded tremendously over the last 10 years. Does that make it harder to trust anyone who has the audacity to want the job in the first place? Truman was president when I was born but I have never felt this way about who becomes president until the last two elections. Is it just me or is it a real problem?

• Gadfly
    Favorite Answer

Any man who wants to be president is either an egomaniac or crazy.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

No it's not just you. He never goes to congress for permission to declare war or how we should handle a terrorist trial. He just Executes them. And he is supposed to be a constitutional lawyer. He must have taken a special class on how to subvert the constitution and then make leading remarks to La Raza about how he really really doesn't want to follow the constitution, but he has too. Right. Dictator Obama or like our one old guy said that I think got deleted "Heil Obama Heil de Fuhrer.

Source(s): Remember him? lol

Obama's biggest problem is the traitors in the congress - the Tea Party. Never before has such a thing happened that shows utter contempt for the USA than what the Tea Party is doing, blocking legislation much-needed to get the USA started out of the mess the republicans caused in the first place.

In THIS case it's TOO BAD he cannot just blow them off and get the job done. ALL the parts are in place and the baggers won't budge - political traitors they are, pure and simple !!

It is both a real problem and a symptom of your deeper thinking. Paradoxically, those who most desire power are the least capable of being entrusted with it and the most comfortable with having it. I would hate to have a President who was forced to take the job against his will.

Not just you. Tyranny has been growing since ....Nixon? FDR? 1913?

Woodstock lyrics:

Well I came upon a child of God, he was walking along the road

And I asked him tell where are you going, this he told me:

(He) said, I'm going down to Yasgur's farm, going to join in a rock and roll band.

Got to get back to the land, and set my soul free.

We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion year old carbon,

And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

Well, then can I roam beside you? I have come to lose the smog.

And I feel myself a cog in something turning.

And maybe it's the time of year, yes, said maybe it's the time of man.

And I don't know who I am but life is for learning.

By the time we got to Woodstock, we were half a million strong,

And everywhere was song and celebration.

And I dreamed I saw the bomber jet planes riding shotgun in the sky,

Turning into butterflies above our nation.

We are stardust, we are golden, we are caught in the devil's bargain,

And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.go

__________

I won't even mention CCR

Ignore The Man. He has been irrelevant since the 60s.

Not really. It sounds like more power than it is. He cant even use the bathroom with approval from congress.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Source(s): In my opinion, Barry is dangerous
  • Tony

we need to get back to the Constitution and things will be better