Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 9 years ago

Will this kill me help omgggggg?

Well i have been coughing alot today think im coming down with a cold anyways i read somewhere that a person got a heart attack for coughing and i sometimes cough exagerated just to get attention dont know why but will this cause heartattack im 18 male btw?

also chances of healthy 18 male having a stroke or heartattack?

Favorite Answer

Oh please. At 18? No one gets a heart attack at age 18 (or before they're 40) unless they have a serious cardiac condition or sudden trauma to the heart.

Believe it or not, your body is designed to cough, and the rest of your body is designed to deal with it.

• Vortex

Your chances of dying from coughing at the age of 18 is probably zero. Unless you have a severe history of heart attack in your family for people under 40 I would suggest you worry about something else. Sometimes worrying about things that are almost impossible keeps us from worrying about something that really important like ones future. Good Luck!

If you're 90, maybe you could have a heart attack. It's not the coughing itself that causes the heart attack. It's the pressure from the coughing..... especially deep coughs. Puts strain on a weak body.

But you're 18 and healthy.... you'll be fine.

• Okay, if your 18, you really outta be smarter than that… coughing for attention and thinking that it can cause a heart attack.. really? Are you really wondering that?? Im 16 and that sounds so stupid to me.

dude that's nothing, I feel like dying last winter after i cough alot and my runny nose would shoot like dark red mucus for a whole 2 week. Im 18 as well

Paranoia 101.

Stop worrying, you are not going to have a stroke or a heart attack from coughing. You should go to your Doctor, please.

• Eddie

you will get a heart attack if you eat cheeseburgers for every meal and it's not likely at all that it will happen until your middle aged. (the heart attack not the craving of cheeseburgers)

Your fine