why do you beleive that you were born gay? ( PART 2) ( reply to your answers)?

so i got alot of responses from my first question and here are my replies!

where did u people learn that its genetic? did they have a scientific study on it? can u give me a link?

and at the person who said about the neighbor boys hwo do u know that they wernt just raised in an environment where they got confused? maybe on the kid whos straight maybe his dad was at home more often than with the other two kids, and thats why .....

im not saying im right i just wanna get to the bottom of this! i thought that u were wrong before but what u said about ur genes ebing dormant i didnt think about that so thats why im asking :P

also another thing to think is that maybe everyone reason is different? like maybe some are born gay and maybe some were influenced and maybe some chose to be gay? what do u think about that?

@ guy with gay neighbors...

u know a tiny thing in a persons chidlhood can determine a persons sexuality

just like one time i watched a movie but while i was watching it somethign bad happened so now everytime i watch the movie i hate it because i rememebr that oen thing

if that makes sense

anywaays thanks for everyones answeres it really makes me wonder and im more convinced that maybe it is genetics! i hope u didnt think im arrogant because im not trying to disprove anyone i just want a debate and learn more stuff about it and i want ur oppinions

at tall willow i DO NOT beleive people choose to be gay

that something i wont debate about

because most gays are feminien or at one point were

its a fact

i didnt say all...i said most

and ive also seen very manly gays act a litttle bit feminine.....so it is definitly most

its a fact

i didnt say all...i said most

Favorite Answer

Wow - I am pleasantly surprised at your open mindedness:)

Link as requested - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/sexual_orientation

Genetics do play a factor - the twins study shows this (even when raised apart, the correlation remains). However, as with all things relating to humans, it is never as easy as pointing to a single answer, the latest theories are that multiple factors (genes, conditions within the womb and so on) combine to determine sexuality. This is why the smoking gun 'gay gene' will never be found, because there is no one factor. All of the scientific (note - scientific, not religious based pseudo science as presented by various anti-gay groups and routinely decried by every reputable scientific body) studies show that sexuality is innate - it cannot be chosen nor taught, it simply is.

What I can tell you is that anyone who says they chose to be gay? Lying, either willingly or unwittingly. Because one cannot chose a subconscious reaction. They may have been conditioned by religious cults to believe it was a choice or that someone 'made' them gay, but that doesn't make it true.

As for 'influence' - that is nonsense. LGBT people have been raising children (in the modern world, lets not even get into history here) openly for the last 50 or so years. And the children of these families are no more likely to be gay than any other. They do show a tendency to be less judgemental though.

Can I ask why you think being gay is related to being feminine or has to do with feminine environments?

Seriously as a gay man I relate to nothing feminine. Also do you know that gender identity (feeling male or female) and sexual identity (attraction to men or women) are septate issues?

Interesting, as i sit here with my laptop out doors by a fire drinking Scotch, i truly fail to see anything feminine. My feminine traits? Eh... I like to cook, still that is oddly a male dominate field and i hate baking, mainly because i burn everything i bake. An most of the female association is with baking as far as cooking goes. Also it may just be my type but most gays guys I know are accentually not that feminine, but again that just be be my circle. But perfectly honest i can think of nothing feminine not one damn thing I can relate to other than cooking same can be said of my Bi husband.

im the person with the gay neighbors.

all the kids were born about 2 years after the one before them, so theyre about the same age. its the middle one thats straight. There father was a state trooper, so its not like there dad had a "gay" job or anything. over all they had a normal childhood and nothing they experienced stuck otu as being gay.

I can honestly say that I have NO idea WHY I am gay, just that it's not a choice on my part.

I won't pretend to claim that it's 100% genetics etc as I don't believe anyone knows why we are born gay. I have been gay for as long as I can remember.

Source(s): And what he said! \/ \/ \/

Yes, there have been many scientific studies showing that being gay is inborn. It's either genetic or a combination of genes and intrauterine (before birth) environment.

Sorry, as badly as you seem to want to believe that some people are "influenced" and/or some "choose" to be gay, that just IS NOT the case.

You can't choose who you're attracted to. I can't suddenly decide to be attracted to women. I love them dearly as friends, but they just don't do it for me romantically or sexually.

The only people who can "choose" are bisexuals. They can't choose whether or not they're attracted to both genders. They can only choose to date both or only one gender.

If it's genetics, then mom and dad would be, or grandma or grandpa would be, and so on. Neither my parents nor grandparents are gay. So it's not genetics that made me gay. So it had to be my choice.

^

^

^

Look , does it really matter? I never see questions 'do you think you are born straight'. You are who you are. Doesn't matter if you are born that way or things in your life help effect it.

i missed part 1:

so i'll wait for the DVD release !

cuz dick is yummy and vagina is gross and smells bad... that's why anyone should be gay..