Is it safe to eat soup after I get my wisdom teeth out?

I wanted to make pho (look on wikipedia) but if I can't, I'll try to eat chicken noodle soup.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yeah! Just don't bite the chicken or the noodles or just swallow them. I got my wisdom teeth removed 2 years ago and the dentist told me I can eat anything I would like only if I feel good or able to eat it.

• 9 years ago

Yeah it is. Just don't try to chew the chicken or the noodles. I had a tooth taken out about 10 years ago (it wasn't a wisdom tooth, just one I had issues with) and the dentist told me to stick to soup, pudding, jello, and anything else that does not need to be chewed until the spot healed up. Hope that helps you. :)

• Jim
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

>OUCH! I had my wisdom teeth out and it was a horrible experience! One at a time in fact with about 16 shots in my jaw for each tooth (all four of them!). But don't worry, you will be a whole lot better after they are out of your mouth. My recommendation is talk to your dentist. He or she is the one who knows best what you should eat after extraction.

• 9 years ago

Of course it is safe to eat, it will not affect your surgery wound.

You will just have to favour your fronf teeth for the next few days, and rinse out your mouth with salt in water to clean the wounds.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Just don't go sucking the noodles in-- and be really careful when you chew if your face is still numb in places. Take small bites.

Source(s): I have had my wisdom teeth out, and had upper and lower maxilliofacial surgery.
  • 9 years ago

You can eat whatever you want accept small things that can get into the holes like rice

• 9 years ago

I wouldn't do it. My cousin ate soup after he got his wisdom teeth out and he died. its not safe.

• Shane
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

I'm assuming, seeing it's soft food.

• 9 years ago

yeah but just dont wash your face

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

It's fine.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.