Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

I have depression but my mom and brother isn't supportive enough. they don't take it seriously?

I have depression but my mom and brother don't take it seriously?

I'm 20 yrs old in college.I was diagnose with depression. I don't know what type but i know I was asked if i could stay in the hospital for a month. but i didn't take it because I as in a hurry trying to graduate from school.and my mom disagrees to it.

Anyways he res the story. Me and 9 yr old brother always fight. whenever I scold him because he is too much he cries then I'm the one ending up getting scolded. So this time I was really in a good mood. then he came ruining it. I asked him to leave the room but he doesn't want to my mom wanted to keep him in the room but I said no because it was the only time i was in a good mood. then it happened. I started crying I can't hurt him then there they go laughing at me saying that I'm crazy. what should I do. My dad is not with me and my sister and I know they will do the same.So please help me. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm not suicidal anymore because I attend a catholic prayer meeting So i just need some advice how to just take this in.

Favorite Answer

You could move out

or

you can Ignore them and dont talk to them. (the silent treatment)

At first it might be hard but it gets easier.

Act like they're not worth the time and avoid them. When they talk to you don't listen or act like its not important or like you weren't listening from the start.

They probably won't learn or stop unless you give them a taste of their own medicine.

or you could talk to them about it but if they don't want to understand than go ahead and start the silent treatment.

Hope I helped!

Maybe its time to move out?

You can't control other people.. You can only control your reactions to what they do.

Are you going to let your mother run your life forever?

Talk to God. Tell Him how u feel. Tell HIm everything. He wants to hear it. and keep ur faith ,fast and repent from sin, read ur bible etc.

You could yell a bit. You've earned it.

drink chamomile tea , and pray to god

seek God, read your bible, pray, and everything will turn out fine!