RHH: So Hip-Hop is all about the women, drugs and sex....?

..right? Wrong. You all know that. But let's bear in mind that most people do make those generalisations about the genre, based on the a lot of mainstream advertising on the music. In other words, Hip-Hop is a music genre that largely remains hidden to the masses. So let's say you had a chance to... show more ..right?

Wrong. You all know that.

But let's bear in mind that most people do make those generalisations about the genre, based on the a lot of mainstream advertising on the music.
In other words, Hip-Hop is a music genre that largely remains hidden to the masses.

So let's say you had a chance to prove these people wrong.

THE QUESTION:
I'm going to state a few generalisations that people make about this genre. And you have to post a song that proves the statement wrong and/or contradicts it:

1. "Hip-Hop degrades women"

2. "Hip-Hop encourages crime"

3. "Hip-Hop brags about the importance of making money"

4. "Hip-Hop lacks any kind of complexity"

5. "Hip-Hop is music for black people only"

^ Those are all things I've heard anyway, I'm sure you must have too.

Feel free to leave any explanation/comments as to why you've chosen a particular track.

BQ: Was there ever a time when you believed one or several of those statements?

BQ2: What's the one thing that people say about Hip-Hop that annoys you?

I won't lie, I used to be a pre-teen Classic Rock elitist who used to say things along the lines of "rap is all talentless and easy, blah blah " (my apologies).
But now it kind of starts to annoy me now when people say that Rap is simple and easy because actually, it seems pretty damn difficult.

BQ3: Anything else to add..?

Thanks