Can someone read over my paragraph?

Felicia’s habitual drug use made me think of addiction issues in the world. Illegal drug addiction is one of the biggest concerns for a large amount of people. It is a problem that we are all familiar with, whether because you heard of them from news or one of your friends has or had been doing them. There are many... show more Felicia’s habitual drug use made me think of addiction issues in the world. Illegal drug addiction is one of the biggest concerns for a large amount of people. It is a problem that we are all familiar with, whether because you heard of them from news or one of your friends has or had been doing them. There are many various reasons why people are addicted to them. First, people resorts to drugs usually because of peer pressure, stress and curiosity. In fact, many friends abet drug use. However, after you are addicted to them, you do it because without it, you can not continue your normal life. You are no longer able to do what you could do when you weren’t addicted to drugs until you do them again. As this occasional drug use continues, it results in an addiction that turns your life miserable. For example, Felicia trembles and gets exhausted frequently and the drug she is on solves the problem. The more drugs you do, the more ineffectual they become, thus requiring that you use more of them each time. These problems happen around us, and we usually do not know about them and think they only happen in television and movies; unfortunately, we are wrong. It is an issue that we should all give in our effort to solve, or at least, try to reduce the amount of people who suffer from daily illegal substance use to the minimum as possible.

this is for my english homework and it wou;ld be great if any of you point out some grammar mistakes and make it better by using more better phrasing.

Or just please tell me few phrases that are awkard in my paragraph. please and thank you!
Update: please help,