Majoring in statistics and finance or maths and finance?

I didn't get admission to a target bschool as finance major, but could choose between statistics or math major with minor in finance bachelors degree in internationally top top 100 uni. I'd do investment banking, capital markets trading, asset management or financial analyst jobs after graduating.... show more I didn't get admission to a target bschool as finance major, but could choose between statistics or math major with minor in finance bachelors degree in internationally top top 100 uni. I'd do investment banking, capital markets trading, asset management or financial analyst jobs after graduating. Statistics consists for example statistics, programming, computer based calculus etc. Maths would be Linear algebra, differential calculus, analysis etc. If I chose the math route I could do masters degree in applied maths: actuarial sciences or mathematical finance and minor in finance. I could study mathematical finance, risk management and risk theory.

Should I try to upgrade my grades for the next year application of do the math route? I did a little research and found out that many asset managers, in my country, had masters degree in business administration. None had maths degree. If you look at for example Danske Markets careers section it says that degrees in economics, finance and maths are favorable but at the people section all employers seems to have degree in business administration/finance. There are also non-academical factors. The maths department/facility is also located far away from the city center, compared to location of the bschool. I also heard, that the student culture and life at the maths department is quite weird and dead. What do you think?
1 answer 1