Can i sue my mom for loosing my social security card and my birth certificate and my passport card?

scince i was 12 ive kept all these documents safe and in perfect condition my mom kicked me out at 12 and ive lived with my dad ever scince she i got them from her to get my passport but when i was 16 i got my licence and she gave me a ride to the dmv but when she saw my documents(i keep them all in a folder) she took them away i argued but i cant use physical force on her or nothing shes my mom i still have to respect her even though shes crazy i gave them up i bothered her for like a month and finaly i needed my social for a job application and she said she didnt have them i was crazy so if i could find them to look watever me and my boyfriend looked for hours through her paper(shes a packrat) and no she says well maybe i lost them like if it was any random thing she goes crazy if i put a cup on her table without a mat and kicks me out but she acts like my social is **** im 17 and im going to be soon 18 and i need my social to apply for jobs and stuff she lets all her random guy friends she just met into the house im scared one of those random guys took it can i like sue her i mean i bet if they asked her my info she would be stupid enough to be like year she 17 born this day year hour she a retard im pissed!

4 Answers

  • justa
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Apply for replacement cards at the appropriate offices and check your credit report to see if one of the men did take it and use it.

    Its not the end of the world. People lose those things all the time, especially if they move, my kids lost theirs in a fire in our home.

  • 9 years ago

    Even if you could why would you? These things are easily replaced. Go to the county where you were born and get a birth certificate then you can get another social security card and even different number. Get another passport after that and you will not be dependant on anyone for any of this stuff.

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    This is America! You can sue anyone for any reason!

    Would it be the best way? No.

    Get New stuff:


    Birth Certificate-

    I would also look at a credit report. If you have any items purchased in your name without your consent I'd be worried about your credit score which could affect your life for quite a long while.

    If there is anything wrong on there, It would be wise to get a lawyer and try your mom for Identity Theft!

    Good Luck!

  • DON
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

    No you cannot sue her but you can contact the individual agencies and get another one so take care of it yourself as you should be responsible enough instead of blaming others

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.