How to heal Scoliosis?

I'm 14 years old and My Scoliosis is 14 degrees

Favorite Answer

You cannot heal scoliosis, but your curve is so small that it could be corrected with a brace. You don't need surgery the curve is over 40 degrees.

No one knows why people get scoliosis, and there is not really any well known treatments out there other than bracing or surgery. Have the progression monitored every year, if it gets worse you can wear a brace to try to straighten the curve. Surgery is the last resort, and that is only if it gets really bad. There are some who say yoga is a good exercise, there are even yoga instructors in Chicago that focus on spine health. I think trying a keep a healthy spine, healthy weight, and strong back muscles to support your spine are your best bets, as well as being checked each year. Hope this helps!

First you need to go the specialist for physical medicine and start intensive training specially designed for your problem. It will take a lot of time and effort but it helps. Specialist will decide if you need some extra treatment.

You can always start yourself with some sport good for back - best is swimming, but not just sometime, I would advice everyday, swimming training.

Maybe you become really good in swimming - and start wining some medals ;) you never know! :))

Back brace, or surgery, I guess. And the surgery's expensive and high risk. It's unfortunate, I know. Or just have abent back like my aunty (it's not that bad, it just hurts when she walks too long).

Try reading Deenie, by Judy Blume.

Source(s): Was read Deenie by 3 different teachers at different times in my life. Was then given the book as a birthday present when i turned 11 and read it twice more.