I overslept and missed work?

So I work on campus where I go to school. I have a two hour late night shift at the library starting at midnight, I didn't get much sleep last night so I feel asleep around nine and had set my alarm clock for eleven. For some reason I either slept through it or it didn't go off. So now I have missed my shift and I'm terrified my boss is going to fire me. The reason I probably overslept was because I have two jobs, but I normally don't work Thursday mornings at my other one so I had to get up three hours earlier than I usually do on a Thursday totally throwing off my schedule. I've haven't had this job very long, and it makes me look very irresponsible. I already sent my boss an email apologizing for my actions, what is her likely response?

• Favorite Answer

It is what it is.

When you see her explain that your alarm didn't go off, and assure her it won't happen again.

Just be honest and tell your boss the truth, and then apologize and explain that you're very disappointed with yourself.

A good boss will let it go...it does happen to everyone once or twice in their lives.

If its the first time, proly a warning