I overslept and missed work?

So I work on campus where I go to school. I have a two hour late night shift at the library starting at midnight, I didn't get much sleep last night so I feel asleep around nine and had set my alarm clock for eleven. For some reason I either slept through it or it didn't go off. So now I have missed my shift and I'm terrified my boss is going to fire me. The reason I probably overslept was because I have two jobs, but I normally don't work Thursday mornings at my other one so I had to get up three hours earlier than I usually do on a Thursday totally throwing off my schedule. I've haven't had this job very long, and it makes me look very irresponsible. I already sent my boss an email apologizing for my actions, what is her likely response?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

It is what it is.

When you see her explain that your alarm didn't go off, and assure her it won't happen again.

• 9 years ago

Just be honest and tell your boss the truth, and then apologize and explain that you're very disappointed with yourself.

A good boss will let it go...it does happen to everyone once or twice in their lives.

• 9 years ago

If its the first time, proly a warning

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.