Can you be an atheist and believe in the law of attraction?

Do they contradict? Are you believing in a god when you believe in the law of attraction?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Law of Attraction requires that metaphysical things which cannot be proven by rationality or logic exist. Not all of those things need include a god. Many who purposely use the Law of Attraction also believe in a god - - - some Christian, some Pagan. But it is not required.

• If the law of attraction requires or poses the position that a god exists, then the belief in this law would contradict atheism

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Atheism is the rejection of the belief that any deities exist. Unless the "law of attraction" requires a belief in a deity, then one can be an atheist and still believe in the "law of attraction".

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

law of attraction is as real as the law of gravity...look at this way-there was as much electricity in the world 1000 years ago as there is today...it wasn't until someone was discovered it a few 100 years back that the whole world has been lit by it....A few 100 years back,people would have laughed and scoffed at things like discovering stuff like internet,electrictiy,flight,space travel.....Dats whats happening now with the law of attraction....it works...Just as in law of gravity,if you fall off a building,it doesn't matter whether ur a good person or a bad person,whether u believe in god or not, ur gonna hit the ground...This law of attraction also explains why bad things happen to good people at times and why the opposite happens...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

No I don't believe they do contradict. It is just a positive thinking, it doesn't require one to place the word God anywhere within the thought process.

• Karl
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

One can believe anything they want to, or know things if they seek them out. Which is better to do?

And I do not think they contradict themselves.

For one can deny God exists and believe in other things and usually do.

• 9 years ago

yip :-)

law of attraction isnt linked to a god, neither is spirituality or other supernatural beleifs

• 9 years ago

i think that when people think of applying the law of attraction they dont really think of God when they do it, i believe in God but when i pray its totally different from when i think of the law of attraction, i dont think the two go together, can you please answer my question http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201109...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.