Kevin
Kevin asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

What does it mean when they say "all politics are local"?

I'm still pretty new to politics and I have heard that phrase a lot but never knew what it meant

Favorite Answer

My Grand-mother suggested to..

"You cannot change the USA.. you can change your local Community"..

I can only assume this is what you mean.

It's truth is dependent on your influence.

• Golfer

To me it means if the politics effect me at my home then it is important.

That is why cities vote democrat they need the government from everything from food to transportation.

The rural area vote more republican because they don't want the government controlling how they farm or how to run a factory.

But because they voted democrat now there are no garment factories or steel mills in the big cities.

Great question you just made me learn something lol. When former speaker of the house Tip O'Neill said that he meant that a politicians success is directly tied to his ability to understand and influence the issues of his constituents.

Do you care about Politics in Alaska???

Do you care about Politics in your city that would affect your kids school and home value???

Get it now??

you react to what is happening around you and you apply that view to the national scene