Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 9 years ago

How do I response to a CA divorce if Im in TX?

I got served with my divorce papers from the LA County Superior courty by certified mail.

I filled out the papers I need... Including a fee waiver.... But I want to know how do I go about sending them?? It says I need to file them with the Clerk. Do I just mail them to the court?? Do I mail the fee waiver first and see if its approved and then mail the rest of the papers??

Im totally lost and before anybody suggest I hire a lawyer obviously my financial situation doesnt let me or else I wouldnt ask for a fee waiver...


2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Fill out all the necessary paperwork, have them Notarized, and send them through the Postal Service, Certified Mail - signed receipt request.

  • 9 years ago

    Do you want those papers to get lost?

    Think about it!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.