is changing a ceiling fan hard?

Im trying to change a ceiling fan, (I already have the support box thingy so I am just trying to put a new one in)

Also does anyone know how?

• Carl P
    Favorite Answer

No it is not hard to change one.

To install a new fan where there was not one is more complex.

Why are you replacing the support box? the old one should work fine. They are standard electrical boxes that the motor housing screws into.

The hard part is when you hook the motor housing of the new fan to the electrical box it hangs on a small hook on the housing. It can be awkward to get into place and do not scratch the ceiling or the fan if possible. Wire in the new fan, swing up the housing - put in the side screws and then add the fan blades and lighting if any.

PS: kill the circuit breaker to the fan before starting if you did not know that.

The hardest part is finding something to stand on that doesn't flip out when you wiggle.

The hardest part is the crick in your back after you hold that thing up for a few seconds.

The hardest part is lifting the fan into position with one hand, finding a screw with the other hand, finding a screwdriver with the other hand, guiding both into where they belong with the other hand, all without tipping over the ... whatever you are standing on.

The hardest part is remembering to turn off the breaker before you start.

The hardest part, when you come right down to it, is the floor.

I have not installed one personally... and employed electricians to do the job for me. They make it seem like cake walk but then I doubt if it is that easy if you want to try for the fun of it.

If you have the right tools, the know how (which you obviously are looking for) and someone to help, you should get the hang of it... Yet it ain't going to be as easy ! If you do figure a way out of this, do let me know... It can same me some bucks next time around.

Cheers,

http://woodooz.blogspot.com/

Yes

Yes and you have to make sure it's balanced properly or it will literally break off and decapitate someone!

Source(s): My electrician when installing our fan.